University of Oxford Graduate Scholarships 2019/2020 (Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme)
This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a ground-breaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world.
The Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Leadership Programme is a unique programme designed to train future leaders. All Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholars are required to participate fully in the programme, which consists of around 160 hours of bespoke training.
The Leadership Programme includes:
- an annual Induction and Robin Hambro Moral Philosophy Seminar – including moderated discussions and workshops on political philosophy and leadership development;
- practical skills training, including presentation and interview skills, examination and revision techniques, essay and op-ed (‘opposite the editorial page’) writing;
- a Leadership Forum at the end of the academic year with high profile professionals from business, politics and the non-profit sector;
- alumni mentoring and numerous networking opportunities throughout the year; и
- a pro bono project, in which scholars perform public service in a manner of their choosing.
Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme Eligibility.
You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
Please review the information below to see the complete list of eligible courses. You must also be ordinarily resident in one of the eligible countries listed.
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars.
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
- The above qualities will be assessed during the selection process, including using your graduate application form, your Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire and (if relevant) your interview.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2019-20.
- MSt Islamic Studies and History
- MSt Jewish Studies
- MSt Korean Studies
- MSt Oriental Studies
- MSt Syriac Studies
- Msc Computer Science
- MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MSc Global Health Science
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- BCL Bachelor of Civil Law
- MSc Law and Finance
- MJur Magister Juris
- MSc Social Science of the Internet
- MSc Financial Economics
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MPP Master of Public Administration and Policy
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme Benefits.
The scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,777). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply for Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. Вижте Курсове page for the deadline applicable to your course.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be required to participate in an interview, which is likely to be held via Skype in April/May 2019.
You must also complete a Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Statement and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.