Intermediate Computer Forensics
This course is designed for people with a working knowledge of computer forensics but looking to go deeper into specific skill and techniques of the the field. This is the second course following my pervious course Computer Forensics Fundamentals. While that course is recommended it is not required to take this course as they are independent in regard to topics taught.
- Intermediate Computer Forensics will provide:
- Understanding of Public vs Private investigations
- Understanding of different types of computer forensics software
- Disk Image Analysis through searching and keyword lists
- File carving and the Thumb DB file
- Website and Browser history forensics
- Recycle bin and deleted files forensics
- Creating forensics reports of an investigation
The course will consist of presentations to explain the concepts of computer forensics as well as demonstrations of proper software and collections of digital evidence.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest computer forensics to get a deeper taste of the real world of digital forensics examination.
As an intermediate course it will consist of presentations, hands on lessons and quizs.