ISO/IEC 20000-1. Service Management System
The purpose of the course is to facilitate the understanding of the requirements for a Service management system as they are formulated by the international standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
The structure of the course follows the requirements of the standard and includes:
– an introductive part that discusses the definition of a Service management system and general aspects about ISO/IEC 20000 series of international standads, including ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and ISO/IEC 20000-3.
– Context of the organization (Clause 4 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – internal and external issues relevant to the Service management system, needs and expectations of interested parties and the scope of the Service management system.
– Leadership (Clause 5 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – the support and commitment of the top management, the service management policy, roles, responsibilities and authorities for the Service management system.
– Planning (Clause 6 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – risks and opportunities for the Service management system, service management objectives and the service management plan.
– Support of the Service Management System (Clause 7 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – resources, competence, awareness, communication, documented information and the knowledge required to support the Service management system
– Operation of the Service Management System (Clause 8 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – service portfolio, relationship and agreement, supply and demand, service design, build and transition, resolution and fulfillment, service assurance
– Performance evaluation (Clause 9 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation, internal audits of the Service management system and the management review
– Improvement (Clause 10 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) – the management of nonconformities and corrective actions and the continual improvement of the Service Management System.
Certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1 – for service providers and for individuals – is also covered in the course.
The questions are similar to those that you may have to answer if you plan to become certified as a Service management professional.
Get all the key information about a Service management system and the requirements of international standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018