Are Tiger Nuts Safe For Dogs?
Last Updated on May 11, 2021 by Ephraim Iyodo
Some nuts are safer for dogs than others. If your dog eats tiger nuts, don’t worry: he’ll be fine. Tiger nuts won’t kill him. But an excess of it might cause some discomfort.
What Are Tiger Nuts? Tiger nuts are a great source of natural minerals. They mainly provide calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus and zinc. Calcium helps to keep teeth and bones healthy, intervenes in blood coagulation and in the transmission of nerve impulses.
Dogs can eat some nuts, especially unsalted nuts, and others should be avoided. Nuts that dogs can eat include peanuts, almonds, cashews and even tiger nuts. Although tiger nuts are moreless tubers than nuts.
Note: these nuts should be eaten occasionally by your dog
Benefits Of Tiger Nuts – Dogs
Whether you eat tiger nuts, tiger nut milk or tiger nut flour, eating this amazing superfood is a good way to improve both your health and that of your dog’s.
Tiger nuts are also known as chufa nuts or ground almonds. They are small root vegetables (also called tubers). Tiger nuts get their name because of the stripes on their outside.
Tiger nuts have been cultivated since ancient times. While the Egyptians and Nigerians appear to have been the first to use them, the Spaniards have been using tiger nuts to make horchata (a creamy drink) since the 18th century.
Now these nuts are becoming popular again because of their many health benefits.
They are rich in a variety of nutrients and have been linked to a number of health benefits, from improved digestion to reduced risk of heart disease.
For all of these reasons and more, we want to share some of the characteristics of tiger nuts that make them ideal in healthy lifestyle diets.
* In addition to a large number of minerals and vitamins provided by tiger nuts, they are a source of natural energy for your dog for thanks to its content of starch and sucrose, necessary to carry out the vital functions and promote growth.
* Tiger nuts are a good source of vegetable proteins since they contain a large number of essential amino acids. For example, they contain both lysine, that participates in the formation of collagen; and glycine, that is a neurotransmitter.
* Tiger nut milk is a source of natural nutrients in proportions more suitable than other beverages of vegetable origin. Tiger nuts contribute a large number of minerals such as calcium, iron or zinc and vitamins that, together with other foods it can supply the lack of certain nutrients like iron which are very important for health.
* Tiger nuts are ideal for supplementing a balanced and healthy diet during pregnancy, which can be done, for example, by introducing roguhata into the diet, as according to medical research, it is beneficial for fetal growth. Due to the fact that there is no caffeine, taurine, gas or other stimulating substances in the milk of the tiger nut, you get a natural energy drink that is healthy and refreshing for the mother. Same applies to your dogs.
* Tiger nuts may contribute to a stronger immune system for your dog.
In general tiger nuts are beneficial to your dog, if taken as a supplemental feed not on a regular basis.