Artificial Intelligence – 25 Most Commonly Asked Questions During Interviews
1) What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machine that work and reacts like humans.
2) What is an artificial intelligence Neural Networks?
Artificial intelligence Neural Networks can model mathematically the way biological brain works, allowing the machine to think and learn the same way the humans do- making them capable of recognizing things like speech, objects and animals like we do.
3) What are the various areas where AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be used?
Artificial Intelligence can be used in many areas like Computing, Speech recognition, Bio-informatics, Humanoid robot, Computer software, Space and Aeronautics’s etc.
4) Which is not commonly used programming language for AI?
Perl language is not commonly used programming language for AI
5) What is Prolog in AI?
In AI, Prolog is a programming language based on logic.
6) Give an explanation on the difference between strong AI and weak AI?
7) Mention the difference between statistical AI and Classical AI ?
Statistical AI is more concerned with “inductive” thought like given a set of pattern, induce the trend etc. While, classical AI, on the other hand, is more concerned with “ deductive” thought given as a set of constraints, deduce a conclusion etc.
8) What is alternate, artificial, compound and natural key?
Alternate Key: Excluding primary keys all candidate keys are known as Alternate Keys.
Artificial Key: If no obvious key either stands alone or compound is available, then the last resort is to, simply create a key, by assigning a number to each record or occurrence. This is known as artificial key.
Compound Key: When there is no single data element that uniquely defines the occurrence within a construct, then integrating multiple elements to create a unique identifier for the construct is known as Compound Key.
Natural Key: Natural key is one of the data element that is stored within a construct, and which is utilized as the primary key.
9) What does a production rule consist of?
The production rule comprises of a set of rule and a sequence of steps.
10) Which search method takes less memory?
The “depth first search” method takes less memory.
11) Which is the best way to go for Game playing problem?
Heuristic approach is the best way to go for game playing problem, as it will use the technique based on intelligent guesswork. For example, Chess between humans and computers as it will use brute force computation, looking at hundreds of thousands of positions.
12) A* algorithm is based on which search method?
A* algorithm is based on best first search method, as it gives an idea of optimization and quick choose of path, and all characteristics lie in A* algorithm.
13) What does a hybrid Bayesian network contain?
A hybrid Bayesian network contains both a discrete and continuous variables.
14) What is agent in artificial intelligence?
Anything perceives its environment by sensors and acts upon an environment by effectors are known as Agent. Agent includes Robots, Programs, and Humans etc.
15) What does Partial order or planning involve?
In partial order planning , rather than searching over possible situation it involves searching over the space of possible plans. The idea is to construct a plan piece by piece.
16) What are the two different kinds of steps that we can take in constructing a plan?
a) Add an operator (action)
b) Add an ordering constraint between operators
17) Which property is considered as not a desirable property of a logical rule-based system?
“Attachment” is considered as not a desirable property of a logical rule based system.
18) What is Neural Network in Artificial Intelligence?
In artificial intelligence, neural network is an emulation of a biological neural system, which receives the data, process the data and gives the output based on the algorithm and empirical data.
19) When an algorithm is considered completed?
An algorithm is said completed when it terminates with a solution when one exists.
20) What is a heuristic function?
A heuristic function ranks alternatives, in search algorithms, at each branching step based on the available information to decide which branch to follow.
21) What is the function of the third component of the planning system?
In a planning system, the function of the third component is to detect when a solution to problem has been found.
22) What is “Generality” in AI ?
Generality is the measure of ease with which the method can be adapted to different domains of application.
23) What is a top-down parser?
A top-down parser begins by hypothesizing a sentence and successively predicting lower level constituents until individual pre-terminal symbols are written.
24) Mention the difference between breadth first search and best first search in artificial intelligence?
These are the two strategies which are quite similar. In best first search, we expand the nodes in accordance with the evaluation function. While, in breadth first search a node is expanded in accordance to the cost function of the parent node.
25) What are frames and scripts in “Artificial Intelligence”?
Frames are a variant of semantic networks which is one of the popular ways of presenting non-procedural knowledge in an expert system. A frame which is an artificial data structure is used to divide knowledge into substructure by representing “stereotyped situations’. Scripts are similar to frames, except the values that fill the slots must be ordered. Scripts are used in natural language understanding systems to organize a knowledge base in terms of the situation that the system should understand.
Leave an answer
You must login or register to add a new answer.