2020 Sydney Scholar Awards for International Undergraduate Students – Australia
Application Deadline for Sydney Scholar Awards:
30th September 2019 at 11.59 PM
Is the Sydney Scholar Awards Offered annually?
List of Eligible Countries for Sydney Scholar Awards:
To be taken at (country): Australia
About the Sydney Scholar Awards
These prestigious scholarships will be offered to students who meet the eligibility and selection criteria below. If you are an international student, have recently completed an International Baccalaureate or educational award equivalent to the HSC, and are applying for admission through UAC, you are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility For Sydney Scholar Awards:
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria will be on the basis of equity and a broader level of academic ability.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship ( Sydney Scholar Awards ):
There are three Sydney Scholars Awards ranging from $6000 to $10,000 per year, and are tenable for one to five years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $10,000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree (only available to domestic students with a minimum ATAR of 99.90 or equivalent)
- $6000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree
- $6000 for one year of undergraduate degree.
How to Apply for Sydney Scholar Awards
- Read the application guide (pdf, 154KB) carefully.
- Complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).