Rhodes Scholarships For International Students At Oxford University
Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate scholarship awards that support exceptional well-rounded students at the University of Oxford.
Founded in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, Rhodes is the oldest and arguably the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
Rhodes Scholarships »
The Rhodes Scholarship is hosted mainly by Oxford University in the UK.
The Rhodes Trust, Oxford, UK, oversees Rhodes Scholarship. They administer scholarships in 20 Rhodes counties (64 different countries) around the world.
To qualify for this scholarship, however, you must be a young leader of outstanding intellect and character, motivated to engage in global issues.
You must also be committed to serving others and demonstrate the promise of becoming a values-driven, principled leader of the world’s future. These are the criteria that guide the Rhodes selection committee.
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
Level/Field of study
The Rhodes Foundation Scholarship is available for full-time postgraduate study (including a two-year undergraduate degree) at the University of Oxford.
With a Rhodes Scholarship, you can pursue any postgraduate degree of your choice at the University of Oxford. This is an opportunity to study in Europe for free.
Rhodes Scholarship is open to international students from a number of countries. Here’s a comprehensive list of eligible countries for the scholarship:
The Rhodes Scholarship 2022 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship provides a living stipend (£15,144 per year), all university and college fees, and university application fees.
The Rhodes Scholarship is available to international students who intend to pursue postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the UK for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Rhodes Scholarship provides the recipient with a living stipend (£15,144 per year), all university and college fees, and university application fees. A group of 100 scholarship recipients from over 60 countries is selected each year.
How to Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship for International Students (2021-2022)
The application of scholarship is something very important. Make sure that the information you provide is very detailed and concise. Never provide false information. Below are the detailed procedures in this video guide:
Step-by-step application process:
(1) You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply through the Scholarships tab.
(2) You must apply online with all supporting documents by the deadline.
(3) When preparing to apply, you should carefully read the general information, in particular the “Scholarships” tab on the Rhodes website, the Rhodes Scholarship Terms and Conditions, the information contained in this document, and the Oxford University Postgraduate Admissions pages: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
(4) Shortlisted candidates will be invited to social events and a final interview. You must be prepared to attend both events in person, as these events cannot be arranged on any given day or at any particular time. No candidate will be selected without an interview. Travel expenses are paid by the Rhodes Trust and cover the cost of round-trip travel on a first class rail ticket, but exclude hotel expenses. International travel for participants from abroad will not be funded.
(5) All applicants will be emailed the results of their application.
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is without funding.
Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social origin, disability, caste, or other immaterial differences.
Providing such information in the “Outreach” section of the application form is not mandatory, but helps us ensure the fairness of the selection process and our effectiveness with applicants; those involved in the selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymized form, which cannot be traced to a specific individual.
You are applying for the Rhodes Scholarship for admission to Oxford University in October 2021; the award cannot be deferred.
The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only after successful admission to Oxford University.
No selection will be made unless a sufficiently qualified candidate can be found.
The decision of the selection committee is final.
Post Selection Procedure:
Please note that successful applicants will be required to apply to Oxford University very soon after selection. Full details will be provided after selection.
Full details of successful applicants will be available at Rhodes House, Oxford, where recommendations for the scholarship can be re-used, if appropriate, to support the successful candidate’s subsequent application to Oxford University.
Successful candidates will be asked to confidentially disclose any health conditions or special needs that may require academic or personal support at Oxford.
Such disclosure is entirely voluntary and is only requested to enable Rhodes House to provide suitable support at Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.
When does a Rhodes Scholarship commence?
Rhodes scholarship begins a year after your application. That is to say that upon winning the Rhodes scholarship, you would come into residence in Oxford in late September of the next year.
The Rhodes Scholarship provides the recipient with:
1. A living stipend (£15,144 per year);
2. All university and college fees;
e. One economy class airfare to Oxford at the beginning of the scholarship and one economy class airfare back to the student’s home country at the end of the scholarship.
4. University application fee;
5. The term of the scholarship is two years, always subject to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to application, the scholarship can be extended for a third year for those who are on a recognized path to the DPhil (PhD).